Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I hate dial up...

I really hate dial up internet. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about it at this point. I live in the cyber boonies. Actually, I am within 10 miles of 2 fair-sized cities, but still can't get DSL and the cable company won't come down my road, so broadband is out as well. I long for the day that technology finally makes its way out here.

The reason I mention it is because the only reason I actually have time to write today is because I am waiting for a large sized email to download. I really hate when people forward me those 'cute' emails that download into their computers in just seconds, but tie up my email for hours. Still waiting to find out who the culprit is this time...

My life is all of a sudden very busy. It's my own fault - I took on yet another project. This time it is helping out with the high school musical, 'Fiddler on the Roof'. They got stuck with no pianist so I offered to help at the last minute. The only problem is that I'm not sure that I am much help. I am really enjoying the rehearsals, etc., but the music is very challenging. I have only had the score for about 4 weeks. 184 pages of very challenging music. I am trying to internalize all the music, but the sheer scope of it coupled with the fact that I already have a fairly busy life is making it difficult. So, hopefully, come showtime, I will actually be useful.

In other news, my husband turned 40 yesterday. Who knew it would come so fast!! But he's taking it in stride. We put 40 candles in the shape of a '40' on his cake. It was an inferno!! The kids thought it was great. It took me 6 or 7 matches to get them all lit.

Wrestling season wraps up this week. I am so glad! Eric has learned a lot, but I am glad to take of the taxi driver hat for awhile.

Well - this email is going to have to download without me! I am off for now, I'll come back and check later...

1 comment:

Devynn said...

I hope I wasn't the culprit! I totally know what you mean about dial-up. When we lived in St. Louis we lived in a suburb that didn't have highspeed -- it was one of the wealthiest areas of St. Louis, but apparently that didn't matter!
Good luck with Fiddler...sounds like a LOT of work.
We really enjoyed the pictures on the family website -- ha ha, Tracy is old -- ha ha!