Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Have patience, Dev

I enjoyed your comment, Dev, but you are writing it in the wrong place. Tracy doesn't even know about this blog!! LOL - don't be too offended, he's just geared differently than us in this regard. He's not one to sit in front of a monitor unless there is sports on it.

Fall break is upon us and, as always, the weather is going to be miserable. Nothing like a couple of days off from school to bring on the bad weather. Now I will be trapped in the house with four children with cabin fever! But we are looking forward to our annual Halloween Party - hosted by Talara. Eric has been working like a rented donkey on the haunted house - it's a great diversion for him and the haunted house always lives up to the hype. In fact, I'm not completely sure that Eric ever got all the way through any of the haunted houses he hasn't worked on... . Oh well. I suppose someday Eric will find bravery.

I know I hate haunted houses, but I have a good reason. When I was a very small child, my sister and I decided to go through the walk-through haunted house at the fair. Part way through and in a pitch dark hallway, Shauna let go of me and I just froze with fear. I'm not sure how long I was rooted to that spot before one of the workers finally found me and brought me out. Nothing like a good childhood trauma to sear the fear into your brain - but hey! it's been almost 30 years. I can get through Talara's haunted house anyway!!

No comments: