Monday, September 29, 2008

Was I born yesterday???

My son, Eric, speaks in code. He thinks I don't understand the code. For example - every time his affections switch to a new girl, he finds a way to make it sound noble breaking up with the old one. This last week it was that she lived too far away and it just wasn't working out. Duh - code for, "I found someone else!" He also says how he hates riding to early morning seminary with the girl down the road because she is always late. Like last year when they were being driven by parents he EVER cared if he was late - I waited on him EVERY morning! This morning he was driving and picking her up and he left record late, I think! What he really means is, "I just want to drive because I'm a guy and I want to look cool to my friends."

In other news, there is only 2 weeks of volleyball left for Justine. We will be going to 2 games this week. Eric got the part he wanted in the upcoming play (sometime in November). It seems like the month of October is always so busy - harvest is moving along as well.

2 comments:

TotallyContent said...

Oh the things I have to look forward to.

Farmer Bill said...

ok it was NOT code...it really was that she was too far away (and there is someone else but thats a different story). i think its parents that forget what being a teenager was like that generates some confusion through some perfectly understandable communication. dont think about everything i say too hard! i love being blunt and straightforward lol

-eric