Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A little too much excitement...

Friday morning I picked my van up from the shop - the service engine light had come on, so we had it checked out, and on my way home from that I was stopped on the highway for the lady in front of me who was turning left. There was a semi behind me and he didn't get stopped in time and so I got rear-ended! As I could see him approaching in my rear-view mirror, it was a strange feeling - I knew what was coming and there wasn't anything I could do and it all happened so fast. Fortunately, the woman in front of me got turned before I got hit, so all the damage is to the rear of the van and I didn't have to have an air bag go off in my face. Also, I was alone - glad I didn't have the kids with me! We are hoping the van will be fixable (I drove it home from the accident) because even though it is a 1998 van, it only has 48,000 miles on it, so it will be hard to replace. The insurance adjuster should be out tomorrow or Tuesday, so hopefully we can get the repair process in motion soon. The driver of the semi was more shaken up than I was (he said he had never hit anyone before), but mostly I was glad to be walking around and lucid instead of unconscious waiting for the jaws of life to arrive. It has been 2 1/2 days and I still feel ok - I was a little stiff and sore Friday night and Saturday, but, other than that, feeling good.

It was extra good not to be injured because we had plans Friday night! Pat and Jessie came up and we ate dinner at our place and then my kids babysat their kids and we went up to the Pacers game - the only change of plans being that we had to take Pat's car instead of ours. But we had a really good time, even if we were sitting in the nose-bleed section. Of course Reagan and Hadley had a blast playing here and Rawley absolutely LOVES our kitties. It is cute to watch him get excited when he sees them.

No comments: