Monday, July 06, 2009

My Grandma's Donut recipe

Here is my Grandma Shirley's doughnut recipe:

2-4 Tbsp. margarine or butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg

Cream butter, sugar, eggs. Sift dry ingredients. Add alternately with milk.
Roll out (like sugar cookies) on a floured surface about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into doughnuts. Deep fry (I just check the oil temp. on my candy thermometer - it has a doughnut marking on it). It doesn't take long - once the doughnut is lightly brown on one side, flip it over until the other side is also browned. Directly from fryer, dip doughnuts in 1/2 c. sugar and 2 Tbsp. cinnamon mixture. Cool. Makes 3 - 4 doz.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

loves2spin said...

I'm going to drown from drool....

Brittany said...

They taste delicious!