Thursday, June 15, 2006

I Love My Teenager...

I have to keep telling myself that!! My 14 year old couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him ride his aunt's scooter to the church last night (about 20 miles away, mostly highway driving). It's not even that he couldn't do it, it's mostly that I don't trust other drivers, but even if I was inclined to let him do it I still wouldn't because he is kind of hit-and-miss when it comes to responsibility so he doesn't deserve that privilege right now. I was trying to explain that everything in his life overlaps and connects but he just wasn't getting it. Finally I told him that I could explain it a million times and it wouldn't matter because I know nothing and he knows everything (a hint of sarcasm there). He thought about it for a second, then informed me that I do know some things - I can play the piano better than he can. *sigh*

1 comment:

Devynn said...

Sounds like your vacation here in a few weeks is much needed...